Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Adios America. Hola Europa.

Bonjour!  

Greetings from Paris,


Paris - Charles de Galle Aiport
"It all began with a dream"

This past year has been in highspeed.  This time last year, I was applying for this trip of a lifetime.  During the six months of awaiting a response, I was sure I didn't get it, considering acceptances were announced late april / early may.  Those six months were the hardest part, waiting, waiting, and waiting.  Announcements, turned from late april, to late may/early june, to july.  It was getting tired of it after a while, preparing myself for the presuming dissapointment that would follow.  Not 'putting all my eggs in one basket'; I continued moving forward.  

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason.  In the meantime, I took a leadership/supervision position at work, to continue my professional growth.  Ten minutes after I submitted my application, I got the call that I had been accepted in the study abroad program at MODUL University in Vienna, Austria.  Had I known about it earlier, I would not have challenged myself with the opportunity at work.  

The following six months, since August, has flown by fast.  Between work, school, and preparing for Vienna, I was rather busy and stressed, to be honest.  Looking back over the last year, I see God's hand working through everything.  "oh ye of little faith" I say to myself last summer, while waiting.  God has been awesome in making this a smooth process.

As I wait for my final flight to Vienna.  I can not help but be grateful, for the blessings and opportunities God has provided me.  Considering God knew us before we were even born, he knew already then, that one of my lifelong desires was to live abroad.  I wasn't sure how/where/when but he knew.  It's funny how our human nature thinks, such an opportunity was discovered by our own wits or even by chance.  Yet it was God who had planned it already in advance. Oh how he loves us!  What a great God we serve!

Anywho, going to go discover the rest of the airport, after I finish my pain au chocolat and cafe.  Till then, to God be the glory!  See you soon Vienna!


Best Regards,



Jaim

No comments:

Post a Comment